Skip to content
- We take attendance for EVERY class, except for the first week of school and otherwise noted. Attendance is 25% of your grade.
- Excused absences are those that are documented through the Dean of Students office, and infectious sicknesses with documentation (like the flu).
- Absences that can be made up (with some limitations) are school-related activities such as sports, debate team, etc, post-graduation job interviews, and grad school interviews.
- These MUST be cleared in advance with me. You are responsible for finishing your makeup work before the end of the semester.
- Unexcused absences include: work, sleeping in, mild illness, your computer dying, etc.
- If you are absent 3 or fewer times during the semester, you will get a bonus of 8 attendance points at the end of the semester.
- I do not take absences personally. You know how much time and energy you have vs. the demands of your life. Just don’t ask me to give you points for classes you did not attend.
- If you have SSD accommodations that include absences, please make an appointment with me at the beginning of the semester and we will discuss options.
- Ask permission, not forgiveness. I am much more likely to work with you if I know what your needs are in advance or as soon as possible.