- My Monday office hours are canceled this week. The Wednesday hour at the GDC will happen as scheduled.
- 378L, 347, and 358 will NOT have a class meeting on Friday. I will be posting attendance assignments for Friday in the next 24 hours. Enjoy ACL/the OU game/studying/resting. Please check Canvas for your attendance assignment.
- When They Took My Son – Reveal Podcast on two stories of child separation. Several of you are doing your papers on this issue, so it’s worth a listen. Good, in-depth reporting.
- Definition and description of DARVO (Deny, Attack, and Reverse Victim and Offender) by a researcher at Stanford. A helping of logical fallacies with a side of cognitive distortion.
- About ACES: The Adverse Childhood Experiences Score is used as a predictor for a variety of emotional, physical, and social issues during childhood and adult development. This may be quite relevant to several of your papers and is a good search term as well.
Procrastination/Mental Health Moment:
1 thought on “Updates and Deep Cuts 10/1/2018”